Instructions & Ingredients
Serves 3-4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 medium beets, peeled and halved
- 1/2 medium cooking onion, diced (~ 3/4 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup soft goat cheese, herb variety
- 1/2 package of Kaslo Sourdough Pasta Spaghetti
- Fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Peel and steam beets until soft (approximately 20 minutes).*
- Dice onion and mince garlic. Add the oil in a sauce pan and sauté onion, garlic and 5-10 sprigs of thyme on medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add milk and 1/4 cup of goat cheese to the onion mixture. Reserve the remaining 1/2 cup of goat cheese for serving. Add salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of water with a scant of salt. Add Kaslo Sourdough spaghetti and cook to desired firmness (8-10 minutes).
- Remove sprigs of thyme from the saucepan and discard. Pour the onion and milk mixture and peeled beets into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Drain the pasta. Combine the beet sauce with the pasta and sprinkle the remaining crumbled goat cheese on top.
Serve and enjoy!
*Tip – Pre-peel and steam beets before hand to speed up the cooking process