If you're looking for a delicious and nutritious addition to your own or your family’s weekly meal plan, look no further than Kaslo Sourdough Pasta! Made from a combination of wheat flour, water, and sourdough starter, this pasta is not only tasty but also provides some of the health benefits that come with the sourdough process.
Consider the many ways you can bring sourdough pasta into your meal plan – tasty, easy, and healthy, too!
We have successfully incorporated ancient sourdough fermentation to transform people’s experience of wheat and wheat-based pasta. Given the versatility of our pasta, we’d like to introduce you to new and inspiring ways to include them in your weekly meal plan, from breakfast (yes, breakfast!) to dinner and everything in between.
Ideas for breakfast or brunch
Who says pasta is just for lunch or dinner? For a hearty breakfast or brunch, try a bowl of Kaslo Sourdough Pasta with some sautéed greens, scrambled eggs, and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. The complex carbohydrates in the pasta will help keep you feeling full and energised all morning long.
Kaslo Sourdough Pasta is the perfect ingredient for a satisfying and nutritious lunch in the form of a light and delicious pasta salad. Toss it with some fresh veggies, like cherry tomatoes and cucumbers, roasted yams, and warm edamame with a light vinaigrette for a yummy vegan Buddha bowl. Or, cook up some spicy Italian sausage and mix it with the pasta and a simple tomato sauce for a quick and easy midday meal.
Snacks for the whole family
For a savoury snack that's sure to satisfy, whip up a batch of Kaslo Sourdough Pasta Chips. Simply slice the pasta into thin strips, toss them with a bit of olive oil and sea salt, and bake them in the oven until crispy. Or fry ‘em up in the air fryer. These chips are great on their own or served alongside your favourite dip.
Of course, Kaslo Sourdough Pasta is a perfect choice for dinner as well. Try it in a unique spaghetti and meatballs dish or lasagna, or mix it with some roasted vegetables and a creamy Alfredo sauce. Maybe give it a little Mexican flare? For a lighter option, toss the pasta with some olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice, and top it with grilled shrimp or chicken.
Fun and delicious alternatives!
Incorporating Kaslo Sourdough Pasta into your meal plan doesn't have to be limited to just traditional pasta dishes. You can also use it in creative ways to add variety to your meals. Here are some other ideas:
- Pizza: Instead of using a traditional pizza crust, try using Kaslo Sourdough Pasta as the base. Simply cook the pasta until it's al dente, spread it out on a baking sheet, and add your favourite toppings. Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.
- Soup: Kaslo Sourdough Pasta is a great addition to soups and stews. It adds a hearty texture and a delicious flavour to the dish. Try adding it to your favourite minestrone or vegetable soup recipe.
- Stir-fry: Incorporate Kaslo Sourdough Pasta into your stir-fry dishes for a unique twist on traditional Asian cuisine. Cook the pasta until it's al dente, and then toss it in with your favourite stir-fry ingredients.
- Mac ‘n cheese: Upgrade your traditional mac and cheese by using Kaslo Sourdough Pasta instead of regular pasta. The sourdough flavour adds a delicious complexity to the dish.
- Dessert: No way! Believe it or not, Kaslo Sourdough Pasta can even be used in dessert recipes. Try boiling the pasta in milk instead of water and mixing it with some sugar, cinnamon, and a bit of vanilla extract for a unique and delicious twist on rice pudding. Top with some fresh berries for a colourful and flavourful dessert. YUM!
Looking for more delicious recipe ideas to make the most of sourdough pasta in your meal plan? We’ve got SO MANY GREAT RECIPES to choose from – MAKE ONE TODAY!
Your taste buds (and your body) will thank you!
Back to news