Asparagus Red Onion Sourdough Pasta
3-4 servings or 6 side servings
- 1 package Kaslo Sourdough Linguini
- 1 1/2 medium red onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Start by cooking your Kaslo Sourdough linguini according to the package.
- Slice up 1 and 1/2 medium red onions into long thin strips (use a mandoline slicer if you have one), chop up garlic as well, set aside. Prepare your asparagus by breaking off the ends, then if they are thicker cut them lengthwise to make thinner strips. Sauté your olive oil, onion and garlic together in a medium frying pan on medium heat for 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Add your asparagus to the frying pan and 1/4 cup water and cook for another 4 minutes until the asparagus is bright green.
- While the vegetables are cooking, grate the fresh parmesan and squeeze the lemon.
- In a large frying pan or serving bowl, mix your drained cooked pasta with your cooked vegetables, add the cheese, lemon juice, 1 tsp olive oil, pepper and salt. Top with fresh basil, serve hot.
Serve and Enjoy!
Recipe by Danika Vanderpyl @besidethemountain
Shop Now for our Linguini Sourdough Pasta!