BC Wild Mushroom, Garlic & Thyme Linguine
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Serves: 2-4
Est. calories per serving: 366-732 for 1/4-1/2 of this recipe
- 1/2 454g bag of Kaslo Sourdough Linguini
- 4c. assorted B.C. wild mushrooms (such as Button, Cremini, Lion’s Mane, Chanterelle, and Oyster)
- 1c. Heavy cream
- 2tbsp. Preferred butter or oil
- 3 Cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2c. Beef or vegetable broth
- 3/4c. Fresh grated parmesan
- Fresh thyme
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Optional: 4tbsp. additional parmesan for topping
- Optional: 1tsp. truffle oil, drizzled over each plate
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to boil. Cook linguini according to package instructions, about 6-8 minutes for the perfect al dente bite. Strain, return to pot (without rinsing), cover, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and add 4 cups of thinly sliced mushrooms. Sauté over medium-high heat roughly 4-5 minutes per side, until crispy and golden brown. Crush garlic cloves directly into the pan, and sauté 1-2 minutes along with a pinch of salt and pepper (taking care not to burn garlic).
- Lower heat to medium-low and pour in heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Heat through, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in beef broth, and bring mixture to a gentle simmer on minimum, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked linguini to the pan, and heat through. Plate immediately, topping with plenty of fresh thyme, pepper, and more parmesan if desired. For an extra indulgent mushroom flavour, add a drizzle of high-quality truffle oil to each plate.
- Enjoy alongside a crisp and dry white wine, such as a Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc – your taste buds will be delighted at this pairing! For a dessert to follow, consider serving a white chocolate brownie topped with vanilla ice cream, or individual crème caramels.