Creamy Sourdough Pasta Bake
- 4 cups Kaslo Sourdough Pasta
- 1 yellow zucchini (sub green or grey if out of season)
- 2 vine tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves garlic (measure with your heart)
- 2 tbsp. butter or oil
- 1 jar Classico Alfredo (sub Rosé or Sweet Basil Marinara if Alfredo isn’t for you)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened preferred milk
- 2 cups shredded gouda
- Avenue M Microgreens for topping (suggestions: Kale, Mustard Greens, or Mixed)
- Seasonal herbs for topping (suggestions: parsley, dill, sage, thyme)
- Preheat oven to 350°, and put 6-8 cups of water on to boil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, until just al dente. If using Kaslo Sourdough, 6 minutes is perfect.
- Mince garlic cloves, and dice zucchini and tomatoes.
- Lightly sauté garlic and zucchini in butter over medium-low heat, until just lightly browned (approximately 3 mins).
- Return pasta to pot. Add zucchini, garlic, raw tomatoes, and jar of alfredo sauce.
- Add a generous amount of fresh cracked pepper, and stir pot to thoroughly blend.
- Pour pasta into oven safe casserole dish, and top with shredded gouda, and lots of extra pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling.
Serve and Enjoy!
- Tip: Microgreens (and seasonal herbs, like dill would be perfect as well!) give the dish a pop of colour, and they’re so nutritious!