Creamy Vegan Beet Pasta
Serves 4 | Prep time: 3 1/2 hours | Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 medium-sized beets
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 3 hours*
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 servings Kaslo Sourdough Whole Wheat Pasta
- Cut beets into quarters and steam for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, dice the onion and mince garlic. Add to a saucepan with avocado oil and cook on medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Once the beets are cooked, peel the skin and add to a high-speed blender with soaked cashews (drained), onions, garlic, coconut milk and salt.
- Boil a large pot of water with a pinch of salt. Add Kaslo Sourdough whole wheat radiatori pasta and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and combine with creamy beet sauce.
- Sprinkle with vegan parmesan and parsley flakes.
Serve and Enjoy!