Instructions & Ingredients
Servings: 4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
- 320 grams Kaslo Sourdough Millet Pasta
- 1 large bundle of fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons organic butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup whole organic milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 400F. Wash and trim asparagus and chop into 1-2 inch pieces. 2. Mix with olive oil and salt and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Prepare sauce. In a medium sauce pot, melt butter and add minced garlic, cook on medium until fragrant constantly stirring and watching so it does not burn (3-4 minutes).
- Squeeze lemon juice and combine with vegetable broth and milk. Add flour in the pot with garlic and whisk. Slowly add milk mixture constantly whisking until it’s all poured in.* Add nutritional yeast.
- Bring water to a boil. Add sourdough pasta and cook until desired firmness (5-8 minutes).
- Drain pasta and combine with sauce. Mix in asparagus pieces.
Serve and enjoy!
Tip: * If you prefer a thicker sauce mix 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder or organic cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water and add to the sauce.