Mac n Cheese Cups
Yields 12 cups | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups Kaslo Sourdough Classic Macaroni Pasta
- 2 cups butternut squash
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for a half hour)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder (or organic cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place butternut squash, sweet onion, and garlic clove in a mixing bowl. Add olive oil, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, mix. Transfer onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, roast for 20 minutes.
- In a blender, add butternut squash and onion mix, cashews, nutritional yeast, arrowroot powder, water, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Reduce oven to 350F.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil with a pinch of salt. Add pasta and cook to desired firmness. Strain pasta, add to a large bowl and mix with the ‘cheese’ sauce until evenly coated.
- Line a muffin tin with silicone cups. Scoop 1/2 cup of pasta and sauce into each cup and sprinkle with breadcrumbs and chopped scallion over top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy!