Plum & Bacon Pasta
Yields: 3 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 servings Kaslo Sourdough Quinoa Pasta (~2 cups)
- 5 slices pastured bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups plums, diced (Italian prune, red or black plum or mixed will work)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chop and cook bacon in a frying pan on medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove bacon from pan, set aside, and pat dry with paper towel. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon grease and drain the remainder.
- Sauteed diced onion in bacon grease for 10 minutes until translucent. Add diced plums and minced garlic. Cook for another 10 minutes then stir in bacon.
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of water and add pasta. Cook to desired firmness (5-8 minutes we recommend for Kaslo Sourdough Pasta). Drain.
- Combine pasta with plum mixture. Stir until the pasta is fully coated with sauce.
Serve and Enjoy!