Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Servings: 3-4 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
- 240g Kaslo Sourdough Spelt Pasta
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Boil water with salt, add Pasta and cook to desired firmness (5-8 minutes).
- Brush olive oil all over red pepper and roast each side for 5 minutes or until black under the broil setting of your oven. (Use a toaster oven if you have one to save energy).
- Let pepper cool, remove the skin and seeds, set aside.
- Chop onion and garlic, add to a heated sauce pan with 1 tablespoon oil. Cook until translucent.
- Mix cornstarch, parmesan cheese, sea salt, paprika and pepper with milk then add to onion mixture, heat and let thicken.
- Add milk mixture, and roasted red pepper to a powerful blender. Pour over pasta, mix.
Serve and Enjoy!