Spicy Lemon Turmeric Spaghetti
Prep time: 20 mins | Cook time: 25-30 mins | Servings: 6
Calories per serving: est. 620 calories for 1/6th of this recipe with prawns and toppings
- 1/2 bag Kaslo Sourdough Spaghetti
- 1/2 c. Little Creek Dressing‘s Lemon Turmeric Dressing
- 1 c. Coconut milk (canned)
- 1/2 c. match-sticked or julienned carrots
- 1 c. Thinly sliced bell peppers (red, orange or yellow, or an assortment)
- 1/2 c. Sugar snap or snow peas
- 1/3 c. Sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 c. Baby corn
- 2 tbsp. grated/crushed fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp. crushed fresh garlic
1tbsp. Sesame oil
- 2c. Thawed and rinsed peeled and pre-cooked jumbo prawns
- 1 tbsp. Vegan butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- S&P (to taste)
- Begin by putting a medium-sized pot of water on to boil.
- Once boiling, cook pasta according to package instructions, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Strain, and set aside in a covered pot while preparing the sauce and prawns. Do not rinse.
- Mince garlic and ginger, and sauté both with the sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir gently for 2 to 3 minutes over medium-low heat, taking care to not allow to brown. Add water if needed, until ginger is softened.
- Add carrots, and sauté an additional 4 to 5 minutes, then add bell peppers and peas. Reduce stirring, and allow vegetables to crisp for 3 more minutes.
- Add baby corn, water chestnuts, coconut milk and dressing to the saucepan. Lower heat to minimum, cover, and simmer while preparing the prawns.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine spices and prawns, and toss well to coat. In a separate preheated pan, add butter, prawns, and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until just heated through and beginning to curl. Remove from heat immediately, and set aside.
- Add the spaghetti to the pan with the sauce and vegetables, and stir generously to thoroughly coat each delicious bite. Plate, and top with 3-5 prawns. Set the table with the garnishes, call the family to the table, and enjoy!
- Definitely, don’t skip the toppings – fresh lemon wedges, green onions, and spicy chili crisp are must-haves for this dish! Mmmmm – now that’s more like it!