Instructions & Ingredients
by Renee Altman RHN, Verity Nutrition
Slow Cooker Beef Noodle Stew
Serves 4-6 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 6-7 hours
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat, chopped
- 3 cups bone broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large carrots
- 1- 796ml can of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 servings Kaslo Sourdough Classic Rotini Pasta
- In a large slow cooker add meat, broth, chopped onion, carrots, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and spices. Stir and place the lid on top.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- When done, dissolve arrowroot powder in cold water, then stir in the slow cooker and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of water with salt and add sourdough pasta. Cook to desired firmness (5-8 minutes). Drain.
- Portion out pasta and stew into bowls.
Serve and enjoy!