Instructions & Ingredients
by Renee Altman RHN, Verity Nutrition
- 240g Kaslo Sourdough Whole Wheat Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds assorted summer squashes and zucchini, sliced and quartered lengthwise (roughly 6-7 cups sliced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 ounces Parmesan, grated (about ½ cup), plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup basil leaves, more for garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Cook garlic, stirring until lightly browned around, about 5 minutes.
- Add squash and zucchini and increase heat to medium-high, season with salt, stirring occasionally.
- Turn down the heat and continue to cook until the squash starts t become soft and break down about 15 minutes.
- Mix in 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes and paprika.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until very al dente about 4 minutes.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water and drain the remainder.
- Mix pasta with squash in the skillet and continue cooking on low, add 2 oz. Parmesan and pasta water until sauce coats pasta. Toss in lemon juice and basil.
- Divide pasta among bowls and top with more Parmesan, chili pepper, and remaining basil.
Serve and Enjoy!