Harvest Pasta with Roasted Root Vegetables
Serves 6-8 | Prep time: 30 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Est. Calories per serving: 281-375
- First things first, put on a large pot of water to boil, and preheat your oven to 400.
- Next, give your beets, turnips, beet greens and squash (yes, even the squash!), a thorough rinse.
- Dice your beets, turnips, and squash into roughly 1 inch cubes. Peel your butternut squash, but no need to peel the acorn – once roasted, it’s perfectly edible! Toss each veggie in a splash of olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Roast your beets at 400 for 50 minutes to an hour, turning once or twice. Roast your butternut squash for about 45 minutes, turning once, and your acorn squash 20 minutes, turning once. Overall, keep an eye on things and take them out as they look finished.
- After everything has gone into the oven, add your buttery spread to a large skillet, and turn to medium-low heat. Add your herbs and garlic, and gently melt down, being careful not to burn.
- Roughly chop your washed beet greens, and add to the pan.
- Cover, and cook on low until your greens are wilted. Add a splash of water if needed.
- By this time your water should have come to a boil, so go ahead and cook your Kaslo Whole Wheat Radiatori according to the package instructions (about 5-7) minutes.
- Strain thoroughly, but don’t rinse.
- Add pasta to the pan with the wilted greens and herbs, and mix thoroughly. Add chunks of your Meadow Cheeze block now, and salt and pepper to taste now. If needed, add a splash more olive oil.
- Serve immediately, with a glass of your fave red!