Slow-Cooker White Cheddar and Gruyère Mac ‘N Cheese
Est. prep time: 15 minutes
Est. cook time: 1 hour 45 minutes on high, 3 hours 30 minutes on low
Est. calories per serving: 317-375 (for 1/6th of this recipe, dependant on milk/cream used)
Makes 6-8 servings
- 2c. Kaslo Sourdough Macaroni (or any preferred short Kaslo noodle)
- 2c. Preferred milk
- 3/4c. Heavy cream
- 1/2c. Grated white cheddar cheese
- 1/2c. Grated Swiss cheese
- 1/2c. Grated havarti cheese
- 2tbsp. Grated gruyère cheese
- 1/2tsp. Ground mustard
- 1/2tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/4tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1/2tsp. each S&P (or to preferred taste)
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh oregano
- Fresh parsley
- Pickled jalapeños
- Hot sauce
- In a medium-large slow cooker, combine milk, cream, and spices, and whisk well.
- Add two cups of Kaslo Sourdough pasta (raw and uncooked) to the slow cooker, along with all of the grated cheeses. Stir until well mixed. With a wooden spoon, gently press noodles down, to cover with the milk and cream mixture.
- Cover, and let cook on low for three and a half hours, or high for an hour and forty-five minutes. As tempting as it may be, unless you smell burning, always follow the cardinal rule of slow cooker use – do not lift the lid during cook time. Trust me, and trust the process.
This is the perfect recipe to treat your love, your family, or yourself to this Valentine’s Day!