Prep/Cook time: 1 hour 30 mins | Makes: 9-12 servings
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions or 1 large, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 – 156 ml. can tomato paste
- 1 – 796 ml. jar tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 325g Kaslo Sourdough Amaranth Pasta
- 750g cottage cheese
- 350g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 100g parmesan cheese, shredded
- Fry beef until thoroughly cooked. Add onions, celery, and garlic, cook until translucent.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and spices. let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Boil a large pot of water with salt. Once boiling, add pasta and cook for 3 minutes, no more. Drain and set aside.
- Mix cottage cheese with parmesan cheese in a bowl and prepare to assemble pan.
- Layer: pasta, cottage cheese mix, sauce, pasta, cottage cheese mix, sauce, mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 25 minutes at 350F. After 25 minutes has passed, increase temperature to 425F, remove tinfoil and set for another 25 minutes. Check at 20 minutes to make sure the cheese does not burn.
Serve and Enjoy!