Sweet & Sour Cherry Pasta Salad
- 6c. Kaslo Sourdough Pasta’s Classic Rotini
- 1/2 of a jar of Spread’em Kitchen’s Pink Peppercorn and Garlic Marinated Feta
- 1c. Little Creek Dressing’s Cherry Balsamic Dressing
- 2c. Pitted, halved Okanagan cherries (at peak ripeness)
- 6c. Lightly packed arugula
- 1/2c. Diced cucumber
- 1/4c. Toasted pecans
- 2tbsp. Dried cranberries
- Bring a medium-sized salted pot of water to boil, and cook Kaslo’s rotini according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cool water, and strain thoroughly. Pour into a tightly sealed food safe container, and refrigerate. For best results, cook your pasta the day before. This handy trick gives your noodles time to ‘firm up’, and allows your dressings to better enrobe those delicious pasta noodles without soaking right in.
- Next, slice and pit your cherries, and dice your cucumber. Set aside. In a small frying pan, toast your pecans on low heat, about 3 minutes, stirring often. Do not butter or oil your pan.
- When you are ready to assemble your salad, toss pasta, cherries, cucumber, 1/2 of the arugula, dried cranberries, feta cheeze, and the dressing together, along with a healthy drizzle of the oil from the Spread ‘Em’s Feta (make sure to get some of those pink peppercorns into the salad!). If taking on a picnic, bring along the remaining arugula along with the toasted pecans in a separate container.
- Before serving, garnish pasta salad with the remaining arugula and sprinkle with toasted pecans.
Serve, and enjoy! I guarantee your guests will flock to this original take on a classic picnic side dish. You can refrigerate any leftovers up to a week afterwards (use your best judgement), thanks to it’s plant-based ingredients!
See full blog post by Jamie Krause here.
Shop Now for our Classic Sourdough Pasta!