Asparagus, Lemon, Leek Sourdough Pasta
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Start to finish: 35 mins
- 1 container Spread’em’s Creamy Original Cream Cheeze, or Chives & Garlic Cream Cheeze
- 3/4c. vegetable broth
- 1/2c. pasta water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Olive or coconut oil (about 1tbsp)
- 1.5 heaping c. asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2c. sliced mushrooms
- 1c. sliced leeks
- 1/4c. minced onion
- 2tbsp. fresh minced garlic
- Fresh parsley
- Vegan parmesan
- Lemon zest
- Salt & pepper
- Start by putting your pot of pasta water on to boil. Next, in a large pan, lightly fry the mushrooms in oil on medium, about 5 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Add the minced onion and sliced leeks, lower heat to medium-low, cook 3 more mins, gently stirring until onions are tender.
- Add the asparagus, cover, and cook 3 more minutes on low, until asparagus is just al dente.
- Remove all of the veggies from the pan, and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the cream cheeze, veggie broth, garlic, and the juice of half a lemon, whisking over medium-low heat until smooth. If needed, whisk in 1/2c. to 1c. reserved pasta water until desired consistency
- Once the cheezy sauce is smooth, stir in the vegetables.
- Cook your Kaslo Sourdough pasta noodles according to package instructions, about 7-8 minutes, until al dente.
- Combine all the ingredients back in the pan, mix well, and heat through.
- Once the pasta is hot and bubbly, serve immediately with a generous sprinkle of vegan parm, fresh parsley, and lemon zest (grate the outside of a clean lemon over top your pasta!). Add salt and pepper if you like, though I opted out when I tasted the sauce – it’s stands alone impressively!
And Bon Appetit!
You will not believe the flavours of this pasta! Vegans and non-vegans alike will be racing for the last bite.