Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Serves: 2-4
Est. calories per serving: 244-488 (without heavy cream or protein)
- 1/2pkg Kaslo Sourdough Spaghetti or Linguine
- 1c. Broccoli
- 1c. Green zucchini
- 1c. Yellow zucchini
- 1c. Bell Peppers, assorted colors
- 1/2c. Cherry tomatoes
- 1/3c. Peas
- 1/3c. Red onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 3tbsp. Butter/Oil
- Juice of one Lemon
- 1/2c. Grated Parmesan
- Fresh herbs, such as parsley, tarragon, oregano or dill, Black Pepper
- 1/4c. Heavy cream
- Grilled Salmon or Chicken
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to Boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions, about 6-8 minutes for the perfect al dente bite. Strain, return pot (without rinsing), cover, and set aside.
- Wash garden vegetables well. Chop and slice vegetables into bite-sized pieces as preferred. In a large saucepan melt 1tbsp. butter over medium heat. Add broccoli along with 1/4c. of water and sauté over medium-low heat. Cover, and stir occasionally until just tender enough to press a fork through (about 3 minutes). Add peppers, squash, peas, and onions to the pan and cook 3 more minutes.
- Crush garlic and add to the pan, along with the cherry tomatoes. Sauté 2 minutes more, add cooked spaghetti, the remaining butter, juice of the lemon, and the parmesan cheese. (If using cream in your dish, add now as well.)
- Heat pasta through, and serve immediately. Pair with your favorite white wine featuring floral-notes, such as a Riesling or Chenin Blanc. Follow your meal with a simple late-summer dessert such as grilled peaches drizzled with honey and ricotta.