Crockpot Veggie Soup
Servings: 6-8 | Pre time: 15-20 minutes | Cook time: 6-8 hours
- 1/3pkg. Kaslo Sourdough Spaghetti (454g.)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato juice
- 1tbsp. vegan butter
- 4 cups chopped cabbage, tightly packed
- 1/2 orange pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 medium carrot
- 1c. fresh, frozen, or canned green beans
- 1/4 white or yellow onion
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2tsp. chili flakes
- 1/2tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2tsp. onion powder
- 1/2tsp. oregano
- s&p to taste
- garnish with fresh parsley and vegan parmesan
- serve with biscuits and a protein of your choice
- First things first: put on a large pot with steamer basket to boil.
- Chop and peel your cabbage into bite sized pieces, and add to your steamer baskets. As cabbage can still be crunchy even after several hours in a slow cooker, giving it a good steam beforehand will make for a much better soup texture! Steam your cabbage until it is just translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Dice your celery, carrots, bell peppers, and onion, and add to your slow cooker along with your green beans (chopped or unchopped, your preference).
- Add your tomoate juice, diced tomatoes, broth, fresh garlic, spices, and a generous pinch of each salt and pepper. Stir well. Cover, and let cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 6 hours. Remember the number 1 rule for slow cookers: as tempting as it may be, do not lift that lid! Trust the process and let it do its thing.
- 30 minutes fore cook-time ends: Break up your spaghetti into 2 inch pieces, and cook according to the package insturction, under-cooking 1-2 minutes.
- Add spaghetti to crock pot, stirring thoroughly, and allows to cook for the final 30 minutes. At this time, also add your vegan butter for soup with a silky, restaurant-quality mouthfeel.
- Serve immediately with vegan parmesan, parsley, extra salt & pepper, and sides of your choice. Enjoy!