Instructions & Ingredients
Serves 4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 4 stalks Green Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 tsp Cumin (ground)
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Tomato (large, diced)
- 1/2 cup Frozen Corn (thawed)
- 1/2 cup Black Beans (cooked, from the can)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 2 1/2 cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Organic Salsa
- 2 cups Kaslo Sourdough Millet Pasta
- Heat oil in a large pot with a lid over medium-high heat. Add beef, and break it up with a spatula as it cooks. Once it is cooked through and no longer pink, drain any excess drippings.
- Add onions and garlic to the pan with the beef and cook for 3 to 5 minutes..
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt, diced tomato, corn, black beans and bell pepper to the pot and stir to incorporate with the meat. Cook the vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, salsa and pasta. Bring everything to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Let simmer for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is cooked. Check at 8 minutes if you prefer al dente. Stir every 3 to 4 minutes to prevent the pasta from sticking to bottom of the pot.
- Remove from heat, divide into bowls.
Serve and enjoy!