Sweet & Savoury Linguini
Come try this sweet and savoury linguini recipe! It brings together the best of opposites in flavour. Savoury walnuts, sweet sugar and sage, the warmth of butter. What could be better?
Servings: 2 | Pre time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 1/3 package Kaslo Sourdough’s new Linguini sourdough pasta
- 1 tsp. white granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. ricotta
- Thyme to garnish
- Sage to garnish
- Optional garnish: honey drizzle, poppy seeds
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to boil, and cook linguini according to package instructions. Strain, and set aside without rinsing. Sauces and butter cling much easier to un-rinsed pasta!
- In a medium skillet, melt butter on low, stirring often. After butter is melted, add sugar and continue cooking on low until sugar is fully dissolved. Add pasta, and lightly fry on medium, until noodles are beginning to crisp, and heated thoroughly.
- Roughly chop walnuts, and add to a separate, ungreased pan. Lightly toast walnuts until beginning to brown.
- Plate pasta, and top with a generous scoop of ricotta, toasted walnuts, and garnish with your sage and thyme. Add a generous sprinkle of sea salt, and it’s ready!
- And voila! A new and interesting take on the old classics. I hope I rose to the challenge and did you proud, Kaslo!