Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Servings: 3-5 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- 320 grams Kaslo Sourdough Quinoa Pasta
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1- 300ml jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 2 oz. spinach, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Fully coat asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil and a bit of salt in a pan. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice onion and garlic. Sauté in a sauce pot with oil for 5-6 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add coconut milk, nutritional yeast and arrowroot powder. Whisk and bring to a boil, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and add to high speed blender with drained roasted red peppers. Blend until smooth, add salt if needed.
- Boil water with salt for the pasta. Once boiling, add pasta and cook to desired preference (5-8 minutes). Drain.
- Combine sauce with pasta. Add chopped spinach, stir. and serve on top of asparagus. The spinach will cook from the heat of the pasta.
Serve and Enjoy!