Cheesy Broccoli Pasta
Servings: 5-6 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20-30 minutes
- 180g Kaslo Sourdough Whole Wheat pasta
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cooked mashed yam
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- Steam 2 medium yams until cooked, peel and mash.
- Chop and dice onion and garlic, sauté with coconut oil until translucent.
- Prepare sauce, add all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- In a medium sauce pot, boil water with a pinch of salt, add pasta and cook for 4 minutes. Drain.
- Grease an 8×8 inch glass pan. Combine pasta, sauce and chopped broccoli. Make sure sauce is coated evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until broccoli is soft.
Serve and Enjoy!