Creamy Carbonara Pasta
- 4 servings Kaslo Sourdough Radiatori Pasta (whole wheat or classic or mixed!)
- 5 strips pastured bacon
- 2 cups organic whole milk
- 2 free range egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Parsley for garnish
- Set the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place bacon on the sheet and place in the oven. Set a timer for 16 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk on until boiling, reduce heat to a simmer. Whisk in egg yolks then add Parmesan cheese and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Boil a large pot of water with salt and add Kaslo Sourdough Pasta. Cook to desired firmness (5-8 minutes). Drain.
- Remove bacon from the oven and place on a plate with paper towel to soak up fat drippings. Chop 5 slices and save the remaining by placing it in the freezer or use it for breakfast the next day.
- Combine sauce, pasta, and bacon. Garnish with parsley.
Serve and Enjoy!