Tomato Basil Caprese Pasta Salad Skewers
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook/assembly time: 20 mins
Calories per serving: est. 100-125 calories per skewer (feel free to enjoy several!)
- 1c. Kaslo Sourdough Classic Radiatori or Whole Wheat Radiatori
- 1Tsp. Olive oil
- 1Tsp. Italian seasoning
- S&P. to taste
- 1/2c. Mini mini bocconcini cheese
- 1c. Cherry tomatoes
- 1c. English cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1/2c. Fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 2Tbsp. Balsamic reduction
- 8-10 bamboo or metal skewers
- Bring a small pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions, about 8-10 minutes. Strain, and allow to cool in the refrigerator until completely cold, and firm to the touch. Do not rinse your pasta. *Pro tip: cook your pasta the day before for best results!
- When you are ready to assemble your skewers, combine pasta with olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Toss to coat well. Spice lovers, feel free to add a pinch of chili powder for an extra kick.
- Wash and dice english cucumber into bite-sized pieces, and wash and dry cherry tomatoes. Strain the mini mini (yep, there are two minis for a reason – these extra tiny bocconcinis are the perfect size for this recipe!) bocconcini cheese, and spread out onto a clean paper towel.
- When all ingredients are prepped, it’s time to get assembling. While holding skewers vertically, string alternating ingredients until each skewer is nearly full. Leave an inch on each end, finishing with a bocconcini, to prevent pieces sliding off. Pro tip: add 2-3 pasta noodles together, for a total of 6-9 pieces per skewer. The more pasta, the better.
- Lay the skewers on a long serving tray or platter with a lip, to ensure they don’t slide off. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, drizzle the platter liberally with balsamic reduction.
Serve and Enjoy!